“I was so impressed with the BC Girls Choir education outreach program. Wow! The singing was magnificent! And I really enjoyed how the girls moved so confidently into their places. A truly amazing concert. Well done! I was so proud of my students and it was so thoughtful of you to acknowledge us, music teachers! Thank you so much for such a wonderful afternoon!”
- Elizabeth McFarlane, a Music teacher in the North Vancouver School District who has consistently nominated singers for our outreach programs.
SpringSing is an Education Outreach project for girls in grades 4-6.
Every spring we offer a short, intensive program that challenges and enhances the learning of singers who have been nominated by their school music teacher. Singers take part in four 90-minute choral workshops/rehearsals with our Artistic Director in Coquitlam at our regular rehearsal location, and then perform in a special concert with all of the BC Girls Choir singers. We keep the fee very low – just enough to cover our costs and provide a SpringSing t-shirt for the singers. Here are the basic details:
Four 90-minute sessions on Saturday mornings: May 6, 13, 27, and June 3, 2023.
Time: 11:00 - 12:30
Concert: June 10th, 2023 at 4:00pm @ Cariboo Hill Temple, Burnaby
Benefits to Singers:
- represent their school in the community
- sing with girls from other schools and other school districts
- gain confidence in their vocal abilities
- experience the joy of challenging themselves, musically and personally
- have fun!
- Open to girls in grades 4-6 who love to sing
- Must be able to match pitch and sustain focus for a 1.5-hour rehearsal
- Nomination deadline: April 18th, 2023.
Registration deadline: April 27th, 2023.
Teachers, please watch for our invitation in the mail or contact us to be on our mailing list.
- Please direct your questions to Nicole Wright, General Manager: email@example.com
- Please contact Cassie Luftspring, Artistic Director, with any musical questions: firstname.lastname@example.org