National and International Tours
Every two to three years, our Bella Voce choir members (grades 8 to 12) are given the opportunity to participate in a tour. Going on national and international tours gives our choristers:
- Exceptional performance opportunities,
- Life-changing multicultural experiences, and
- Confidence and independence.
The British Columbia Girls Choir has been fortunate to see much of the world and sing in some famous and interesting venues: Yorkminster and Salzburg Cathedrals; Beijing and Shanghai concert halls and the Sydney Opera House; in the garden where the Sound of Music was filmed; in a train tunnel, a sub-terranean cave, on live Croatian National tv; and with numerous professional orchestras and ensembles.
Here is our list of tours over the past two decades:
- 2018 England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales
- 2017 Banff, Canada
- 2015 Croatia, Austria, Slovenia, Italy
- 2014 Oregon, USA
- 2013 Costa Rica
- 2011 Utah, USA
- 2009 England, Scotland, Germany
- 2008 Sunshine Coast, Canada
- 2006 China
- 2004 Vancouver Island, Canada (as the formerly named AcademyWest Schola Cantorum)
- 2000 Australia (as the formerly named AcademyWest Schola Cantorum)
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, our proposed tours of 2020 and 2021 were cancelled. Our next tour will likely be in the spring/summer of 2022.