ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE
- If a singer, staff member, or any other adult has any symptoms of a cold, influenza, COVID-19, or any other infectious respiratory disease, they must not enter the rehearsal space.
- Students, staff members, and any other adult must stay home and self-isolate if they have:
- Tested positive for COVID-19, or have been tested and are waiting for their results
- Traveled outside Canada in the last 14 days
- Identified as a close contact of a confirmed case or outbreak
- Each singer/parent will be requested to perform a ‘health check’ questionnaire before coming to rehearsal to ensure singer (and family members) do not have symptoms of a cold, influenza, Covid-19, or other respiratory disease.
- Only one parent permitted to walk singer to rehearsal and pick up after.
- Signage will be posted to remind singers of handwashing, coughing, and sneezing etiquette.
- Designated entry (front double doors) and exit (side door) plan.
- NEW socially distanced sign-in/out routine.
- Walking paths will be clearly marked for safe entry and exit of the rehearsal space.
- Non-medical masks are required within the rehearsal space.
- Singers must wash hands or use sanitizer upon arrival before entering the rehearsal space and when leaving the rehearsal space (i.e. to use the washroom).
- Washrooms are designated for BCGC (singers/staff) use only.
- Only staff, singers, and chaperones are permitted inside the rehearsal space.
- Chaperones are still required and are asked to select a minimum of 2 consecutive rehearsals.
- Singers must maintain the 2 metres ‘social distancing’ protocol during rehearsal; more specifically, remain on their ‘marked’ location [yoga mat] during rehearsal.
- All snack and meal breaks have been eliminated.
- If a singer becomes ill at rehearsal, she will be taken to a designated (isolated) area to await parent pick-up.
BETWEEN AND AFTER REHEARSALS
- 15-minute buffer has been added between choir levels to allow for social distancing and cleaning.
- High-touch surfaces will be frequently cleaned by BCGC and/or janitorial staff.
- Choir sizes have been limited to keep within the Provincial ruling of no group gatherings over 50 people.
REGISTRATION, FORMS, and PAYMENTS
- Registration, medical forms, and all payments will be processed online only. Cash, cheque, and credit card payments will no longer be accepted during rehearsals.
BC Girls Choir Covid-19 Safety Plan was last updated: March 30, 2021