No, your daughter does not need any previous, formal vocal training to belong to our choir.
If she is in Grades 1 to 7, we will provide your daughter with all the information and training she needs, to become a confident singer.
- Grades 1 to 3 - Come along and we will teach you! All we ask is for our singers to try their best and enjoy their learning.
- Grades 4 & 5 - By grade 4, the singers should be matching pitch consistently in order to advance further. Plenty of learning is done in these years!
- Grades 6 & 7 - These singers are preparing for advancement to our International Tour Choir in Grade 8.
- NB: During the 2020 - 2021 season singers in Grades 4 - 7 will be combined into one level. Numbers are restricted.
- If your daughter comes to us in Grade 7 with little or no experience, don't worry! She may stay in our Intermediate Level training choir until she is comfortable and musically ready to advance.
If she is in Grades 8 - 12, previous choral and/or instrumental experience is essential. This is because the music becomes more complicated with: up to 6 to 8 part harmonies, complex rhythms and vocal challenges.
- If you have choral and/or instrumental experience, we want to hear from you!
- If you have had little or no experience, let's talk - we probably have a place for you to learn! Our Junior Level III training choir (Arietta) welcomes Grade 8 & 9 singers. You move up when you are ready.
The most important thing is that your daughter has an enthusiasm for learning to sing beautifully with other girls. Her love for music will be nourished and she will have many chances to perform.