“I was so impressed with the BC Girls Choir education outreach program. Wow! The singing was magnificent! And I really enjoyed how the girls moved so confidently into their places. A truly amazing concert. Well done! I was so proud of my students and it was so thoughtful of you to acknowledge us music teachers! Thank you so much for such a wonderful afternoon!”
Elizabeth McFarlane, Music teacher in the North Vancouver School District, who has consistently nominated singers to our outreach programs.
SpringSing is an Education Outreach program for girls in grades 4 to 7
Every Spring we offer a short, intensive program which challenges and enhances the learning of singers who have been nominated by their school music teacher. This choral program takes place in Coquitlam, a location that is central to all locations of Metro Vancouver.
Singers take part in 3 rehearsals and then perform in concert with the BC Girls Choir. The girls learn up to four pieces, enhance their singing skills and sense of group accountability; they, in turn, encourage music students at their school.
We keep the fees very low at $60 – just enough to cover our costs.
- 3 rehearsals on Saturday mornings: April 18, 25 & May 2, 2020
- Time: 9:00 am – 10:30 am
- Location: Coquitlam
- Concert: Saturday, May 9 - morning dress rehearsal & afternoon concert. Singers need to be available from 11:00am - 4:00pm
Benefits to Singers:
- represent their school in the community
- sing with girls from other schools and other school districts
- gain confidence in their vocal abilities
- experience the joy of challenging themselves, musically and personally
- have fun!
- open to girls in grades 4 to 7 who love to sing
- must be able to match pitch and sustain focus for a two hour rehearsal
Teacher nominations open in early 2020
Nomination deadline: Friday, March 20, 2020
Registration deadline: Monday, April 6, 2020
- Check back in early 2020
- Teachers: please watch for our invitation in the mail or contact us to be on our mailing list.
- Please direct your questions to Nicole Wright, General Manager: email@example.com
- Please contact Fiona Blackburn, Artistic Director, with any musical questions: firstname.lastname@example.org