“I was so impressed with the BC Girls Choir education outreach program. Wow! The singing was magnificent! And I really enjoyed how the girls moved so confidently into their places. A truly amazing concert. Well done! I was so proud of my students and it was so thoughtful of you to acknowledge us, music teachers! Thank you so much for such a wonderful afternoon!”
Elizabeth McFarlane, a Music teacher in the North Vancouver School District, has consistently nominated singers to our outreach programs.
SpringSing is an Education Outreach project for girls in grades 4 to 6
Every Spring we offer a short, intensive program that challenges and enhances the learning of singers who have been nominated by their school music teacher. The choral workshop takes place in Coquitlam.
Singers take part in three 90-minute choral workshops with Fiona Blackburn. They also perform in a concert with all the BC Girls Choir singers.
We keep the fee very low – just enough to cover our costs and provide a SpringSing t-shirt for the singers.
- Three 90-minute sessions on Saturday mornings: May 7th, 14th & 28th, 2022.
- Time: tbc
- Location: Coquitlam
- Concert: June 4th, 2022.
Benefits to Singers:
- represent their school in the community
- sing with girls from other schools and other school districts
- gain confidence in their vocal abilities
- experience the joy of challenging themselves, musically and personally
- have fun!
- open to girls in grades 4 to 6 who love to sing
- must be able to match pitch and sustain focus for a 1.5-hour rehearsal
- Example of the 2021 Nomination Form
- Nomination deadline: March, 2022
Registration deadline: April, 2022
- Teachers: please watch for our invitation in the mail or contact us to be on our mailing list.
- Please direct your questions to Nicole Wright, General Manager: email@example.com
- Please contact Fiona Blackburn, Artistic Director, with any musical questions: firstname.lastname@example.org